Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Year in Review 2016

Well, it's the new year, so here is my year in review. (I wrote this post at the end of 2016. It's been in a draft for a while.)

1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
For Christmas I got a program for the computer called FL Studio. It's a music making program and it is really complicated. I will master it this year, and I'm really excited.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make resolutions. I made a few for the upcoming year, but nothing too big.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my aunts did.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but 2016 has been a terrible year for famous people.

5. What countries did you visit?
No countries, but we went to Massachusetts and Delaware.

6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
I really can't think of anything right now.

7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Not really dates for me, more like, experiences. Like my thirteen hour birthday, trick-or-treating. That kind of stuff.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably, creating a game that is worth publishing. Also working really hard on my music.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I can't really think of a failure. I've made mistakes over the past year, but I don't think I made any full on failures. But failures are just opportunities for change and improvement.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got sick before going to "Hamilton," which really sucked. I was sick watching it too, but I pushed through. I was feeling pretty bad walking around NYC though.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

So many things. My favorite thing I bought is probably Overwatch. Which is a video game that basically combines two of my favorites; TF2 and Dota.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone! No but really, my whole family was pretty great.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't really want to call anyone out, but there are some people in this neighborhood that aren't the nicest. And then, there's Donald Drumpf.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Games. I spend most of my money on buying games or video games. I love to play games. I do buy books, too.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Star Wars X-Wing. I love that game so much. I don't get to play it as much as I would like to, but I love the game nonetheless. Also "Rogue One." It was really sad, but I thought it was one of the best "Star Wars" movies ever.

16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
The entire Undertale soundtrack. I got really into Undertale this year, and it has become one of my favorite video games. Although I beat the game, and there isn't much to do after that, Undertale will always be something there that's fun to go back to. Also, I have an Amino community where I do, music, drawing, and writing.

Amino is kind of like a social medium for certain fandoms. I have 450 followers on it so far. I highly advise that you check it out. There is an Amino for almost any Fandom.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? A mix. I've been happy and sad this year. Although based on this year, probably happier.
b) thinner or fatter? About the same. Although I think talking about people's weight is kind of dumb. People can do whatever they want, it's none of your business.
c) richer or poorer? Well, considering I have no job until this next year and I mostly get money for Christmas and my birthday, I'd say about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had done more playing . . . just kidding. I don't think there is anything I wish I could do more of. Maybe playing games as a family. It seems like everyone has been really busy lately.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Nothing. I felt pretty good about my year.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Playing games, eating dinner, opening presents.

21. Did you fall in love in 2016?
Nope, not yet.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
There are so many. This year I got introduced to "Gravity Falls," which has become one of my favorites. I started watching "Regular Show," which is nowhere near as good as "Gravity Falls," but if I want a good laugh, I'll watch an episode.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't really use the word hate. I have people I dislike.

24. What was the best book you read?
Um, I really enjoyed reading Tokyo Ghoul. I'm not done with it yet, but it is really good. Death Note was another favorite. I really enjoyed Dying to Meet You as well.


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh, so many. As I mentioned, Undertale music is amazing. I really enjoyed listening to Avicii's new album. I got introduced to Electro Swing this year, which is 1940s swing music combined with modern day EDM. Musical Ghost and SharaX are now some of my favorite Youtube artists. They remixe Undertale, and they is amazing.

26. What did you want and get?
Fun.

27. What did you want and not get?
I don't really have wants. I have everything I could ever dream of having: a good family.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
"Rogue One." It was so good. It even made me cry, which is very hard to do in a movie.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 13. We had a 13-hour birthday party, which you can learn more about on my "2016" post.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Publishing a game. Although, I'm not really prepared to publish.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
I wore mostly flannels, a geeky t-shirt, black pants, a beanie, and black high-top Converse.

32. What kept you sane?
Well, my family. But I wasn't really going insane . . .

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well, not in a "fancy" way so to speak, but CoryxKenshin on Youtube is someone I really enjoy. He is a gamer. And I honestly believe that he is one of the kindest souls on earth.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
So many. But equality is always really high on my list. Now that Drumpf has been elected president, that issue needs to be spoken out about a bit more.

35. Who did you miss?
No one really. My friend I play Yu-Gi-Oh! with moved to Florida, but we're able keep in touch with E-Mail and Skype.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't really meet many people this past year. But at the end of 2015 we met a really nice family. They love to play games, which is always fun.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
Speak up. Let your voice be heard.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
 Well, this is kind of a tricky one. But, how about "Everything is Awesome", from "The Lego Movie." ;)

4 comments:

Boquinha said...

What a fun post to read! I like your answer for #9. I still feel bad about #10, but I'm so glad you were able to enjoy Hamilton so much despite being sick.

#15 - I didn't know you cried at "Rogue One." Crying at movies is something that happens as we get older, I think. You're growing up!

450 followers on Amino?!? Holy moly! Didn't you have 300 just the other day?

#27 - Awwww!

I like how you dress - I like your style. And I like that you're drawn to good people.

Great song lyric, too! Fun post!


Dr. Mark said...

Great recap from a great year! I'm glad that there were a lot of happy memories from the past year. I think we have a pretty good life, so it's nice to hear that you think so, too. I love your political thoughts and your honesty. Honestly, that's the kind of thing that keeps me sane. And hopefully we'll get to a bit more X wing this year. 2017 is off to a better start with that already!

Here's to another great year!

The Magic Violinist said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good year! Especially with music and gaming. Nice lyric to sum it up. ;) The year's been so nuts, I forget some things only happened this past year (like "Gravity Falls," Undertale, and Amino). Cool post!

SLB said...

We miss you, Max. Jack would love to play X-Wing with you. Maybe we can set up a regular monthly event for you guys.