Thursday, February 23, 2017

Walk Two Moons Book Review

So, I talked about this a little bit, but I thought I would go a little more in depth.

The book is about a girl who goes on a road trip with her parents to see her mother. The way the book is told, it's unclear whether her mother is dead or alive.

Along the way she tells her grandparents about many stories that are supposed to be interesting. Many of which have some kind of "Plot twist," that I always saw coming.

There were only two parts in the book that were good. Towards the end, I thought it wrapped up neatly, and also the end, because the pain was over.

I'm making the book sound really bad, but don't get me wrong, it was bad. But not in your face bad. It tricks you into liking the characters only for the book to disappoint over and over. Overall, the story wasn't that great, but the characters kept me going.

I recommend this to anyone who hates reading.

5 comments:

The Magic Violinist said...

Dang, tough critic. ;) I remember really liking this one, but I was also younger than you when I read it. Maybe it's for a younger age group? That can always make plot twists pretty obvious.

Dr. Mark said...

Ouch! Please, don't hide how you really feel. ;) I've certainly finished books that weren't my favorite, so I can empathize. Insert "you'll be happy when you're older/it builds character/life lessons from unpleasant experiences" type of parental pep talk here.

Boquinha said...

Dang. This book has 1500 reviews on Amazon and nearly 5 stars all the way! I thought it would be good! Your review is well-written and made me laugh out loud a few times. But seriously, yikes. You liked it way less than I thought you would.

While Daddy turns into Calvin's dad up there, I'll just ask you this - what are the best 3 books you've read in the past half a year or so?

Siths and Jedis said...

@Boquinha I loved March, Tokyo Ghoul, and Cursed Child.

Boquinha said...

Ohh, good! I like hearing that. Feel free to grab Volume 3 from our bookshelf in our room. We got it at Aaron's at the Fire and Ice Festival.

I'm wondering if it would be good to revisit the Percy Jackson books again.