Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dear Dr. King

Dear Dr. King,

Forty-five years ago today you died. I want to tell you the kind of stuff that is going on. Civil rights have improved A TON!! Peace . . . not so much. Also, we have computers--kind of box like things where you can write, read, listen to music, research, and play games. It would have really helped you with your speeches. Radios have improved, too.


Sincerely,
Max   

7 comments:

Boquinha said...

Wow, I hadn't even considered some of this stuff! You're right - computers would've been immensely helpful to him and he never even got to see them. It's interesting to wonder what he'd think today, in terms of civil rights and peace, if he could see the world in 2013. Great letter. Thanks for sharing it. I love you.

The Magic Violinist said...

Too bad the internet hadn't been invented, yet. That would've helped him a bunch, too!

Dr. Mark said...

Very nice letter. Can you imagine how different things would have been if more people could have heard him speaking as he was speaking? I wonder how much further his message would have reached with better technology.

Zelia said...

What a great letter. You have a wonderful imagination. Funny the first time I heard a radio I went to look in the back of it to look for the man that was speaking. I really enjoy your posts.

Rich said...

Yea, and he didn't get to play MC ;(...

The Magic Violinist said...

I tagged you for a blog award! :D themagicviolinist.blogspot.com

Siths and Jedis said...

Thank you everybody for the comments. And Rich seriously I don't think he would have time for Minecraft.