I made this post a while ago, forgot to post it.
Pax is about a boy named Peter and his fox named Pax. The dad thinks that the fox is too much work, so the drive into the woods and let Pax go. Just a warning, the first chapter is insanely sad, for this very reason. The book is told in two perspectives Peter and Pax. The whole book is just about this boy running away from home and looking for his best friend.
I really enjoyed the chapters told by Peter, but after the first couple of the fox chapters, I started to not like the ones in Pax's point of view. Pax kind of acts like a dog, and foxes can't talk, so it was really cute for a little while, then it just got dull.
I would give this book a 4/5.
2 comments:
I saw this one in your drafts from June of this past year! That sounds like such a sad opening!! That's a pretty good score for a book where you didn't love one of the perspectives. I've heard good things about this book. Glad to hear your report on it!
I typically like books from multiple perspectives, and it sounds like having a second perspective made this more enjoyable for you!
Post a Comment