Thursday, February 23, 2012

The 1930s

Recently we have been studying the 1930s. I would like to share a few things we researched. After that I will show you a collage that we made about the 1930s.


The Hindenburg Disaster: There was a blimp that was used for traveling named the Hindenburg. It ran on hydrogen and when it was landing it caught on fire. Thirty-five people died: 13 travelers and 22 crew members.

Two Things Built: In 1931, the Empire State Building was completed in New York City. At the time it was the tallest building in the world. Six years after that, the Golden Gate Bridge was completed in California. At the time it was the longest suspension bridge in the world.

Snow White: Snow White is the first film that was animated. Also, it was the first film produced by Walt Disney.

8 comments:

The Magic Violinist said...

Cool post! :D I loved working on the collage with everybody.

Emily said...

My dad's older brother and sister were both born in the 1930s. I can't believe how much has changed since then.

Siths and Jedis said...

I know, things have changed since. :E




P.S. love the comments.

Boquinha said...

Yep. My Dad (VavĂ´) was born in 1935. It's on the timeline at the bottom of the collage in red (a little hard to see in the picture).

Boquinha said...

Nice post, honey. I'm glad you put that 3rd item in! ;)

Vivian said...

Interesting look back and a great collage. Why did you choose the 1930's?

Dr. Mark said...

Great post! Thanks for letting me help!

Zelia said...

Great post. I just missed the 30's by 7 months, but Vavo Didn't.