Books I read:
Erased - Kei Sanbe
This book was sooo good! Erased is a manga series about a man named Satoru Fujinuma who has gained the ability he calls "Revival." Essentially, whenever something unfortunate happens near him, he will be teleported back a minute and he has to try and figure out what is out of place. Once he stops the tragedy from happening, he can continue with his life. If he fails, he has to do it over again. After his mom is killed by an unknown man, he is sent back 18 years to save a classmate of his that was killed when they were just kids.
5/5
Farewell to Manzanar - James D. Houston and Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston
This book is considered a classic, and like most classics, it wasn't anything grand. It's based on a true story. A Japanese family that is sent to a Japanese internment camp after Pearl Harbor. The one interesting part of the book, was that every time the book reached a part in the story that the author wasn't sure about, such as their dad's childhood, it switched to third-person.
2/5
Movies I watched:
"What If"
It was weird to see Daniel Radcliffe in a comedic role, but I really enjoyed it. It was a Romcom with a very simple plot, but stupid Americans didn't want it to end the way it did, so they added extra scenes to the end.
3/5
"Lion King"
Since Kate and I got cast in Lion King we decided to watch it, since it's been a while. I forgot how funny the movie was, and it got me very excited to do the play.
4/5
Other things on my mind:
Lion King Auditions
Kate and I auditioned for Lion King Jr. It was pretty stressful to stand in front of a bunch of kids and sing a song, but we both got through it. She got cast as Banzai and I got cast as Zazu, so it all worked out.
Peter Pan
Kate and I were in a production of Peter Pan Jr. And it's an understatement to say that it did well. The cast, directors, and crew were all amazing. The sets were phenomenal, and the production quality was great. Kate played Capetian Hook and I played Mr. Darling and a pirate.
Zenkaikon
You can read all about it here.
3 comments:
Erased sounds like a really interesting book. Maybe I'll have to check it out sometime.
I remember reading Farewell to Manzanar when I was in junior high. I don't remember a lot of specifics, and I'm a little sad it was a bit "meh" for you. I hear you, though.
In some ways I can't believe that Peter Pan is over and you're already in the middle of Lion King. What a crazy month! I'm so proud of how well your theater world is going right now. Keep up the great work!
So does he save his mother in Erased?!?
I haven't ever read Farewell to Manzanar. Sometimes those books might not be the most interesting, but it gives you a sneak peek into a time in history that stays with you. Hopefully it at least gave you that.
Love hearing all your other thoughts, too! Theatre is awesome and I love seeing you enjoy it so much. I'm SO excited to see you as Zazu!
Erased is super intriguing to me, especially since it doesn't seem to follow the usual rules of time travel where you can't interfere with the past.
Lots of theatre stuff going on this month! I'm glad we had other shows already going on after "Peter Pan" ended, otherwise it would have been extra hard to say goodbye to it.
Post a Comment