Books I read:
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 11 - Jeff Kinney
1,2,3,4,5
This series is kind of a guilty pleasure for me, but the series has been kind of up and down. This was not one of my favorites by him.
Cast No Shadow - Nick Tapalanksy
1,2,3,4,5
This graphic novel was amazing and nothing like other books I've read. The art style is really cool and it kind of mixes genres to name a couple of things that differentiate this to other books.
Movies/Theater I attended:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
1,2,3,4,5
Not as good as Force Awakens in my opinion, but it was still amazing. The silent parts in the movie added to the atmosphere and I love what they did with Luke's character. (I'm still mad about that stupid scene in space with General Leia, though)
The Greatest Showman
1,2,3,4,5
This was NOT the greatest show, but that doesn't mean it wasn't really, really, good! I enjoyed watching this movie on the big screen and the music is phenomenal. Although, I'm kind of getting sick of it since it's played at our house non-stop. ;)
Boss Baby
1,2,3,4,5
Not as good as I thought it was gonna be, although I didn't have super high hopes, it was still a good family movie.
New Games I Enjoyed:
Three Cheers For Master
1,2,3,4,5
If you haven't played this card game, you really need to. It has a great tower stacking mechanic that makes you feel like you are playing some kind of weird Tetris. Also, the art and text on each card is hilarious.
Obsessions I gained:
Yu-Gi-Oh!
1,2,3,4,5,6, . . . 100
Although this is not by any means a new obsession, thanks to a new friend, I rediscovered my love of it. I kind of stopped playing because none of my friends play it, but I've met new friends who love the game just as much as I do.
4 comments:
That's fun you're getting to play Yu-Gi-Oh! again. It's been a looooong time since that's happened. And what do you mean you're getting sick of the music from "The Greatest Showman"???
It's always fun to see if your experiences match mine each month, since we tend to share a lot of them. Cast No Shadow sounds cool, so I'll need to borrow that from you soon. I'm loving all the Star Wars things we get to experience together. Speaking of which, we have GOT to catch up on Rebels! I'm really glad Yu-Gi-Oh! is back on the obsession list. Let's make sure we get you more chances to play!
And one day you'll look back and miss hearing all of those songs, both from the soundtrack, and also from your mother's mouth as she randomly hums and bursts into song!
I'm SO happy to see you so happy playing Yu-Gi-Oh! again! You've certainly met your twin! :P
I love hearing your thoughts on things - books, movies, games, you name it!
*snort* at Daddy's comment.
I haven't seen the latest Star Wars. And I'm going to confess--I don't get the Star Wars obsession. It's just not my thing. I remember in 1977 or whenever it came out walking to the theater, meeting my friend who had already seen it 4 times, and acting like I thought it was the greatest thing ever but really inside I didn't think it was that great. But I collected Star Wars cards. (Which I gave away in the 6th grade.) Anyway, as the next movies came out I saw them but those too were just so-so to me. And then when I paid full price to see Jar-Jar I just gave up and kept it to myself that Star Wars isn't all that to me. My imagination or something won't go there. But I did enjoy The Greatest Showman. I didn't buy the cd or watch the YouTube videos and all that, but it was a movie that I really enjoyed and was glad it was made.
Post a Comment